Drawing and Illustrating - Dog and Cat and a Bit of History







Somewhere in my blog I stated that I was an illustrator/artist.  I used to draw for Northland College, in Ashland Wisconsin, for their Public Relations department. It was a great job and allowed me to put a pen to paper without getting it graded and I had some extra cash in the pocket for those extra things like groceries. I've had a pencil or a pen in my hand since I could and have always loved to draw. I've had a few published to magazines and have had some in a show or two.


The drawing to the upper left is one of my more recent drawings using a Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet and the Corel software that came with it. It was my first full drawing using something other than an ink filled technical pen or an HB pencil.  This is a drawing of my friend uath mac Tolkien, a full blooded rough collie.  He is surrounded by our family and friends and a plethora of cats. You may see him refered to in some of my blogs as Dog Boy.  He's the eternal boy, he talks a lot, and loves to play and be played with.  I hope that you have a friend like him.  He's been with us for quite a few years, preceeded in years only by our old cat friend Myrrh.  

After drawing the picture of Tolkien, I decided to try a more difficult painting/drawing of Myrrh using the tablet. The result is the drawing the kitten drawing to the right. That drawing is of Myrrh, our ferocious short-haired tabby, shortly after I brought him home over 13 years ago. He is sleeping in a 'cheesehead'. If you are from Wisconsin or have ever been to a Green Bay Packers game, you know what a yellow foam cheesehead is.

He now is much older, has two different colored eyes, is somewhat blind in one of them, has a split ear from an attack from a very large hawk or owl and has finally, after all these years, learned how to purr.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all.